Graduate Student Research Showcase
October 4 @ 3:30 pm - 4:30 pm
Limited space available so sign up now! https://forms.gle/r2WrLTYZTszRQfLZ8
Given the success of the faculty lightning talks in January, the faculty will repeat this, but we are also creating an event for you the graduate students to develop and practice your “elevator pitch” and share your excitement about your project!
Why should you sign up?
- develop and practice your “elevator pitch” to easily and readily communicate what you do for networking and interviews
- practice for UNC’s 3MT competition (first prize $1000 and chance to enter regional competition)
- be ready for a poster lightning talk at TriCAMS 2023 in November
- show the faculty how it’s done!
How will you be successful?
- Sign up for the ‘communicating your research to the public’ workshop Sept 7th 12-2pm (lunch provided)
- Work with your advisor, or Prof Newhall, and peers (dates between now and TriCAMS TBD)
- Sign up for the ‘professional communication skills boot camp’ Oct 2nd 8:30am-4:30pm (coffee and lunch provided)
- Sign up for the ‘three minute thesis (3MT) information session’ Oct 4th 12-1pm
The lightning talk format will mirror the 3MT competition:
- One static slide with no movies or animations
- Presentation under 3 minutes long
- Clear background and significance to the research question, research strategy
- (results and impact of research optional – can present on early progress of research)